Friday, February 25, 2011

{ducks and such}

the sun was shining, the kiddos were restless, and the ducks were hungry...very hungry. so we headed to a local pond/park to feed the ducks. we got there, spotted the ducks-- and once we got close to them, they started to chase us..begging for bread. It would have been ok if it had been just the little/cute ducks coming right up to us, but there were also these huge geese--we are talking bigger than zoee. We booked it out of there and took refuge at a little dock they had----safe distance from the finger biting monster geese! whew~ it was fun all the same, and nice to get outside and soak up some rays~

IMG_z0433

IMG_z0531IMG_z0534

IMG_z0561


IMG_z0439IMG_z0473IMG_z0487

IMG_z0605




i know i know....a couple more picts of Nora. But since she is coming up on 4 months she is starting to roll bumbo stye~ i had to document:) i have put her in it the past couple of days and she is a fan. She looks so old sitting up in it! and i have been on a headband making kick lately-- {i think i put everything but the kitchen sink on this one~}



in other news--look what i spotted at the grocery....yup--best.chocolate.ever.period. They are little bites of love. The crisp thin shell, the creamy-melt in your mouth chocolate...oh wowzas!. I didn't buy any...fearing i might just eat the whole bag~but a girl's self control can only last for so long.....

43 comments:

The Vaught's said...

Look how cute your kiddos are! Duck can be pretty ferocious and scary sometimes :) I'm looking so forward to summer time duck feeding and solid warm weather! Have a great weekend :)

Lindsay said...

LOVE that headband. Your amazing momma!

Lauren said...

What a lovely location to take your little darlings! Laughing at the geese...I used to volunteer at a wildlife center (pre-kiddies) and they had this goose that was a cute little devil. When you weren't looking...it would GOOSE your buns! Harmless, but I would have a little heart attack each time! I swear that goose smiled every.single.time! LOVING the kiddos attire and just how sweet is little N in her FANTASTIC headback! Rock on girlie! And Easter candy? Oh, the BEST! I better step up my training! My fave? Those crazy yummy peanut butter filled Reece eggs! Oh, I die! Have a great weekend!

Ashley said...

ohmygawd nora looks so old in the bumbo! too too cute. and I so wish that ryann would still wear headbands. I have to trick her in to it, and they still only last about 10 minutes tops!

and I may or may not have eaten about 7 mini eggs before I sat down to read blogs :o).

~adelle said...

We love the pond. I was attackd by a goose there when I was little and i STILL remember how scary it was. :)

I love those tiny chocolate eggs and have come frightenly close to eating a whole bag in a day. . .

Allison said...

Geese can totally be flat out SCARY! How nice that you were able to get your kiddos out and enjoying the sunshine though! You got some GREAT pictures! Your kids are seriously TOO CUTE. My little guy has been starting in his bumbo, too, but only tolerates it for a few minutes then wants out. "Baby steps", right? ;)

aLena said...

Love your crazy style chicka ... those pink tights totally made my day ... Z is soo adorable and totally got your good looks ;)

& miss Nora is quiet the doll ... amazing headband ... u should do a tutorial sometime ... I got plenty of cute nieces that need adorable headbands to be made for lol

christine, just bella said...

I want to steal every single one of little Z's outfits!! So adorable. And yes, mini eggs are the.best.

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

Now you have me craving mini eggs! Sounds like a fun time with the kiddo and I'm glad there were no geese biting incidents! And Miss N is looking so grown up. Love her headband.

Have a good weekend!

Alicia said...

So fun! Those geese are scary buggers! And Zoee looks so cute in her chevron dress and pink tights. I too spotted the mini eggs, you have better self control because I bought a bag and I have almost finished the whole bag off myself!

Aja said...

How adorable is Zoee's outfit!?? I love it! Gosh, Nora is getting so big! I love her headband! I've been thinking of making some for Evie.. too cute.

Lindsay said...

mmmm mini eggs... far too tempting.

Those geese are intense at Bues.. they scare the crap out of me! The kiddos look darling as usual =)

Eichmeiers said...

feeding the ducks~so fun, headbands~darling, your pics~fantastic as always, and cadbury mini eggs~delish:)

Val said...

I love Utah. I love your stylish kids. SO CUTE.

Jami Nato said...

again, stop it with their cuteness. those outfits...

Erin said...

we always feed the ducks when we go to the inlaws house.. alex loves it :)

and of course loving all the outfits.. those hot pink leggings/tights are soo cute!

Tatiana said...

What fun! I love Z's outfit, and Nora's headbands are so adorable! You're just amazingly creative friend :-)
I hope you have an awesome weekend!

Danielle Moss said...

Ahh! The kids look super cute. Gorgeous photos! Love Z's tights. Miss Nora is getting so big. And Caleb (aka mini Finn) is such a cutie. :) Have a great weekend!

Joi said...

I just can't take the cuteness. Shar, your kiddos give me MAJOR baby fever.

Z's pink tights + chevron skirt + little booties just make me melt.

xo

Amy said...

so Nora is so beautiful! i love the headbands you've made! as for the cadbury eggs- i agree BEST EVER!

Jess said...

The kids look SO adorable--great pics! What a fun duck outing :) Sounds like Nora is such a chill little chick...have to say, a little jealous there :) I can't pass up the cadbury cream eggs at Easter--just saw them tonight at the store!!

Shana Smith said...

Oh man, look at Noras sweet little face, and those toes... So cute! Its hard to believe that our babes can sit in bumbos now, they will be crawling in a blink of an eye.. Love trips to feed the ducklings, and those geese and pigeons, and those pesky seagulls! At least the kids love it!

Libby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Libby said...

Geese business-scarifying!!! I am so scared of ALL fowl, no matter how small. They just gross me right out.

Those evil Cadbury Eggs. And how sneaky of them to make Christmas (and probably, but I'm just speculating on this one, Valentine's versions). Nobody needs these little guys to be hanging around all year long!

The Lueders said...

Haha! We have nearly lost our lives at the duck pond too! Those geese are crazy! Oh...and the Mini eggs! Lets just say I have a problem! One whole bag, in one whole day! Love, love, love!

Sherice said...

Ha ha! Those geese can be so mean... I've witnessed it first hand:) Glad you guys had a great time. The kiddo's look adorable as always. And WHY! did you have to bring to my attention that mini~cadbury's are out. I was trying to block it out... gonna need some soon:)

Unknown said...

So, I randomly found your blog and LOVE your photography style. As a mom to 3 stepkiddies and my very own 18month old, I have been trying to take better pics with my Canon but would love to ge1 t some pointers or hints from you! (i.e. what settings you use, best light, editing sources, etc.) Any chance you would want to give some photog tips once a week?! :) btw, your children are absolutely beautiful, and your creativity is amazing. Your quilt was gorgeous, my mom sisters, and I have been making baby blankets for years whenever one of us girls or our friends have babies, we used the same blue and pink flower fabric on one that you had used for Nora.

Lori said...

My hubby likes those cadbury eggs too. I've never tried them before, are they really that good?!

Also, how STYLISH are your kiddos?! Man oh man!

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

Sharstin,

Thanks for dropping by! YOu are darling and it was So Super nice of you! Hey, I was going to make those raspberry mascarpone cupcakes..quick question about them. For the cupcake it it just the vanilla, almond and lemon flavorings that you add to the mix and then bake according to directions i.e. Temp and time. Or do you actually add those ingredients plus the eggs. oil. water?
Can you clarify for me...I know, dumb!

Thanks

Sharstin said...

hey cute girl--so fun meeting you! can't wait to see you house all finished~
so--you make the cake mix according to the directions on the back of the box, and then just add in the additional ingredients:)

Sheen said...

LOVE your blog! it's absolutely one of my favorites!

hope you don't mind i tag along now.

♥

Katie @ katieboothinteriors said...

Ok Sharstin, could your kids be dressed any cuter?! They are seriously adorable! P.S I kind of LOVE the office on your previous post:)

Michaela said...

What cutie patooties! I want to babysit so bad for you!

Lovin' the pink tights. Tell Zoee she's so stylish for me (:

The Hodsons said...

I have resisted buying those little eggs precisley 3 times... We will see how much longer I can go! I love all the fun activities you plan with your kids, cold weather and all. It gives me fun ideas for my little fam.

Kerry said...

Look at your cuties! What a great way to spend the day with them!

I am SO in love with Mini Eggs... but even more so with the Caramilk eggs that come out at Easter. Nothing better than bite sized chocolate filled with caramel! Yum! :)

Hope you had a great weekend! xx

Unknown said...

Sounds fun to see the ducks, at a safe distance! And little Miss N is looking SO adorable!!

www.goodgirlgoneglad.com

Melissa Hirschi said...

Love Zoee's pink tights. Too cute!

Toni said...

Yeah you got me to have chocolate on the mind, NOT COOL :) and miss living in O Town by the duck pond. So many memories, not involving kids though.. more like late night rendezvous :) Very cute.

Ashley, Mike, Mylie, Chloe said...

Puleeease your kidies are so cute!I should take you shopping with me.


PS I just might copy your darling wreath!

Sharstin said...

*Sarah--thanks for your sweet comment girly. I would love to give some photo tips:) not saying i know all there is to know--but i will share what i do:)

Kara said...

I love Z's cute tights, what a great color. We love that park and love that it is so close!!! Oh and I for sure didn't have self esteem and bought a bag of those little devils and almost ate all of them myself:)

Lovely Little Nest said...

How fun!

And I looove your little one's chevron skirt/dress. Did you make it yourself?

Sharstin said...

thanks girly! i did make it...but don't look closely:)