Thursday, March 10, 2011

{beauty parlor}

my z loves to play beauty parlor. She comes in my bathroom and sits up on the counter and likes to watch me get ready, or have her hair curled. She will put makeup on her princesses--or me..whatever is the closest....and boy do i look smashing after a session with z:)especially when she busts out the darker colors~
Last week Z came in with her princess jammies on, and nail polish in hand:) she really wanted her nails painted, and i had my hands full feeding miss nora.... The hubs stepped up and volunteered for the job {he is a keeper}. Zoee thought this was the best thing ever. As soon as nora was finished up, i grabbed my phone and caught a few picts of the little manicure session. She is daddy's girl for sure, pretty sure she knows she has him wrapped around her little finger. Isn't that how it's supposed to be?
{i sort of love this daddy daughter moment, and the not so hot phone picts...sweet stuff}

a lil recipe for ya....a treat of course....go ahead, it's been a long week--you deserve it~

IMG_z1839

ya.... we ate a couple before i took these

IMG_z1840

i got these cake plates while we were in san Diego at Marshalls~ i thought these lovely ladies would go nicely with my collection. Andrew {hubs} is wondering how many white cake plates do i need?......right now i would have to reply....the outcome is uncertain {isn't that in the magic 8 ball?} and yes i really do have a lot of cake plates...but couldn't pass these 3 up. So, we had to break them into the family with a little treat to display.

The recipe: there are so many different variations on these...you really can't go wrong. I just got some milk chocolate chips, butterscotch choc chips, and melted them in the microwave--stirring every 30 seconds until the consistency was right. Then I added some chow mein noodles, mix until coated, placed on wax paper, and topped them with a few cadbury {love your guts} mini eggs. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. They are yummy and crunchy--and who even cares when you have mini eggs involved?

35 comments:

Katie @ katieboothinteriors said...

What a sweet daddy:) And your little nests are getting me in the easter mood!

Lauren said...

How much MORE do you just love your hubs when you see these pix? Oh so adorable! My girlies love to play "beauty parlor" too! They love to do hair...mine, Henry's...anyone! Once my mom played with them. She forgot to get the 30 baby clippies out of the back of her hair...and went to the grocery store with them in! She was mortified, but we all had a GREAT laugh! Seriously LOVING your YUM-O recipe! We will be making these babies for Easter! And your cake plates...LOVELY! Can't wait to see pix of So.Cal!!!

Lindsay said...

Z is definitely a daddy's girl...so cute.

Love the treats.. so cute for easter!

Lindsay said...

What an amazing daddy :) And those treats are GENIUS :)

Carry Grace said...

What a great daddy! As for the treats, yum! The little eggs are so cute.

SQUIER FAMILY BLOG said...

That is the cutest thing ever! Andrew is such a great dad!
Love the treat idea!

Aja said...

That is the sweetest thing ever! I just love seeing daddies melt down to mush by their sweet little girls. :)

Alicia said...

So stinking cute! And those cake plates are super cute as well...you can never have too many:) Love Marshall's! I hear we are getting a Home Goods in Farmington area so that will be nice!!

Tatiana said...

I LOVE those pictures! Yay for amazing daddies!
And that's such an amazing "bird's nest" idea! I may just have to steal it :-)

Zack Family said...

Love the pics of the manicure session. What a good daddy!

Eichmeiers said...

So cute, i love the daddy daughter moments as well! So fun. Treats are so cute and look delish!

the Rabes said...

I love nothing more than an fun treat with mini eggs on top. yummy! I will have to try this. Plus love the platters..they are like shoes, you NEVER can have enough right? Love you! Miss you!

Sierra and Ryan said...

I love the photo moment you caught. Andrew is such a great dad, I am so glad Ryan has been able to be close to him his whole life because I think he is a great example for when Ryan is a daddio someday!

Definitely making those cute treats! I love the idea! Except I don't know if mine would look as good because I don't have those INCREDIBLE plates :-D

Unknown said...

Way to go daddy! I'd say he is definitely a keeper. ;) Your treats look so yummy!

Hugs friend!!

David and Jaclyn said...

Cute little family Shar :)

I am going to make me some of those treats and eat them all! Cute and Tasty!

Lindsey Rose said...

Those pictures are stinkin cute! They will probably make the wedding video in about 20 years right? MMM tasty treats too. Hope all is well, it has been a whail we need to chat!

Jami Nato said...

a)what a fab dad.
b)those are freaking the cutest little birds nests ever...

Val said...

These photos warm my heart!! A woman can never have enough white plates!! I love that you went on vacation and bought plates in SD. That is something I would totally do. Thanks for the yummy recipe. Perfect for Easter.

Libby said...

How have I never heard of these treats before? Yeah, I'm going to have to bust that out in the near future.

Daddy/daughter nail salon-adorable. I love how she's admiring her nails in the second pic.

Cake plates...I think every girl needs at least 20!! However, I choose not to limit myself in this category. Who needs two bright blue numbers? I do!

Sherice said...

Those nests are to die for~ and mini cadbury's...forget about it. I'm sold!! Thanks for sharing:)

~adelle said...

Really though, how many cake plates is too many? I don't think there can be a limit! Those are DARLING. :) Yummy little treats too. I love simple.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I have resisted the candy eggs so far and am trying to hold out! These look delicious.

Lori said...

oh my god that is the cutest thing ever! at least your hubby tried to paint her nails-- did he do a good job?

and those robin eggs look SO delicious :(

Kara said...

That is super cute! Every Daddy needs a little girl:)

GummyMommy said...

LOL... I blame you and only you for my newfound addiction to white cake plates.. ;) I raided Marshalls recently and got them in all sizes.. Now I have no idea what to do with them, while my husband just looks at me funny.. ;)

Joi said...

Oh, little Z looks like such a girlie girl! Your husband is so sweet to do her nails for her. : )

Ashley said...

I'm so drooling over those little birds nests right now.

I shared a couple pics from your parties on my blog. Hope that is cool :o).

the chirpy bird said...

I meeeeaaaannn!! Come on! Beauty parlor? I might steal your kids! Too too cute! Not to mention those choccy nest treats! Gimmie a break.. too much sweatness to take!
p.s. I love it when you comment on my blog and use words like "hot dang" ahaha I feel like I can hear you! amazing!
xx t

Sharstin said...

ash--don't mind at all:) i am super flattered~ thanks:)

Erin said...

I actually think the pictures look great for a phone :) what a sweet moment!

Michaela said...

Oh my gosh. That's adorable. I love that your hubby painted them for her (: What a great daddy!
And those treats are so great!

Kerry said...

TOO CUTE! :).... I know our little girlie will have B wrapped around her finger too!

What great little spring time treats! Sooo cute (and you can never have too many white cake plates!)

Danielle Moss said...

Love little Z and the treats look so cute!!!

Unknown said...

i'm so jealous ... u find the cutest cake plates ... please share I need some too :) Love the desserts ... so much easier than they look!

Lil Z is adorable, glad ur hubby is so hands on & isn't afraid of a little nail polish lol

Amnah said...

Oh, these pics are just way too sweet.

Love the chocolate nests. My sister used to make them with butterscotch chips. Yum!