Sunday, December 5, 2010

{the chick is 3}

we had Z's little birthday party over a week ago~ still cannot believe my little chick is 3!! what? i feel like it was just yesterday that i met my spunky little girl. I adore this age--she has the cutest little voice, and such a fun personality. I love to just sit and talk to her, and have her tell me about preschool, and her darling little stories. I couldn't love her more~
The party--Since i had little Nora and all, i decided to just have our family over, and have a simple little party. Zoee was so excited~ she couldn't wait to put her party dress on, and have everyone come over:) {such a girly girl!} She was all about her cake, and loved all the little owls at her b-day party--especially the owl cookies! We had a dinner, treats, and of course presents (her fav part!) she was thriled about her snow white dress up outfit from her grandma, and blowing out the candles on her little cake! it was a fun night~ i love you Z......no more growing..deal??
{please excuse these not so wonderful picts~}


_MG_z7325IMG_zz7275


IMG_z7296IMG_z7299

her owl cake~


_MG_z7336

IMGz_7288_MG_z7069


the owl cookies were a hit, and easy to make~


IMG_z7285IMG_z7297


choc covered mallows~


_MG_z7316
IMG_z7302

39 comments:

Sierra and Ryan said...

OH my goodness! Cutest party ever! Did you make all that stuff on your own? SUPER MOM!! I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. Happy B-day Zoee!! Love you!!

Lauren said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? THIS IS AMAZING! I am so in love with your creativity, girl! And...with a newborn too? Oh goodness....I'm taking lessons...the owl cake is amazing! ~swoon~! And those owl cookies...I will have to make an attempt! You have quite the special talent! "WHOOs" gets the party planner of the year? YOU GIRL! And the best part? Your sweet Z will always remember how special you made her feel! Love the party!

Sharstin said...

thanks lauren!
sierra--we really wish you could have been there too! we missed you:) hope San Diego was a blast!

amiee said...

"simple little party" eh? are you crazy! that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michaela said...

Wow! What a beautiful, extravegant birthday party for a sweet little girl. I would have died to have a dessert table like that. I love your attention to detail! Everything is truly adorable. I bet she loved the owl cake. This really looks pretty close to a desert table of Amy Atlas. And that is a HUGE compliment! You're so talented, Shartin! oh and PS. you look super cute in the pic with Zoee (:

Kerry said...

What a great party! You really are super Mom getting that party all together and having a newborn as well! :)
You are such a great Mommy Sharstin - I imagine Z loved every second of her day!

christine, just bella said...

What an adorable little party!! I can't believe you got all this together with a little newborn around - totally supermom!

Everything looks so beautiful. I love the owl cookies!

Carry Grace said...

That doesn't look like a simple little party to me. I see LOTS of wonderful details. Everything was beautiful.

Val said...

What a gorgeous little princess. Looks like so much fun..

Marian and Sadie said...

You did such a good job. The owl is a great touch and her dress beautiful. I love birthday parties they are so much fun. I am planning for ~S's~ birthday party now...her b-day is in Jan. Hey, my family and I are going to your favorite vacation spot, Cannon Beach! I completely got the idea from you! When you blogged about your trip I wanted to go right away so my fam and I are going in July. I'm sure it's going to be tons of fun. Anyway, once again...another perfectly planned and executed birthday party! *****'s ;0)

Alicia said...

Shar everything is amazing. I love the yellow/owl theme. Everything looks so delicious and I love that cake with that very cute owl on top. Zoee is such a cute little gal, can't believe she is 3!

Leah said...

WOW! How do you do it? You are like superwoman! I am in love with her owl cake and cookies! The colors are gorgeous and the take home goodies are adorable! Great job Mama!

Luvs!

Amnah said...

Yeah, amazing. Just as I expected. Love, love, love the favors. And her dress. And the desserts. And the "not so wonderful pics". I wish my good pics looked like your "bad" ones.

Love all the owl accents too.

Okay, okay... obsessive comment over.

Lindsay said...

Umm you just had a baby and pulled off this party? THIS belongs on hostess with the mostess. YOU MUST SUBMIT! You are amazing momma!

Shana Smith said...

Super cute little party! Love Zoee in her dress, Hmmm.. does it come in my size?! I am so impressed that you still had time to put together this totally adorable birthday party with having a new born lil babe! Amazing! You are looking fabulous, you would NEVER know you just had a baby!! Happy Birthday Zoee....

Unknown said...

Such a cute party! Way to go super mom!
xx

goodgirlgoneglad.com

Kara said...

Wow if that is your idea of something simple I'm not sure I want to see what happens when you go all out! Very cute, I'm glad she had a fun party:)

Libby said...

Did that cake come from my dreams...seriously-looks delish!

Love the pom pom accents on the favors. I'm going to have to snatch that idea for my holiday wrapping needs.

Great party!

Jess said...

This is INCREDIBLE! *Love* the owl cake. I cannot believe you did all this with little N, too! Amazing.

Tatiana said...

Everything looks AMAZING!!!!! It's so darn cute, I can't even stand it!!! And Z is so so SO adorable! I'm so glad you guys had an amazing time with your family :-) Happy birthday to your little love again!

Danielle Moss said...

My friend Jess (beach town family) was telling me about your adorable blog today and oh my gosh your kids are CUTE. I love your style, their clothes, how creative you are...I will definitely be back.

Melissa Hirschi said...

WOW! The party looks amazing. You are so talented. Happy Birthday Zoee. She is one lucky girl.

Joi said...

Great decorations and pictures! Perfect for little Z! Happy Birthday to her! : )

Sherice said...

Really girl?? You never cease to amaze me with your talents. I am in love with all of your owl decor. Too cute for words:) Zoee looked adorable in her birthday dress, what a fun memory for her!

~adelle said...

We all know I am in love with owls. They are so stinking friendly and cute. I love it. Happy Birthday to Z. Very very fun.

Lilacandgrey said...

these details are perfect!
<3 Cara
Lilac and Grey

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Happy Birthday to your little one - I didn't know she was so close in age to mine! Looks like a fantastic party.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

this is perfection! :)

Lori said...

Beautiful party Shar! Do Caleb and Zooe and Nora know how lucky they are? You are an amazing Mom. Can't wait for you to come see us in San Diego...love to you all...

the chirpy bird said...

Look at your babies! Look at this party!!! Amazing!
Thanks for dropping by! Your blog is absolutely darling!
Just love it!
xox tash

Aja said...

Such a cute party! I love the colors and Z's dress. Adorable.

The Steel's said...

I love it all Shar! You are so talented!

the Rabes said...

oh my!! I love it all. What a fun party!! May I be invited to Zoee's next party? She looks beautiful! Can't wait to see you guys.

Critt & Britt said...

So adorable girl. you are amazing!! I love Nora's Pics, and I love that you call her bean. We call my little nephew Bean and I love the nick name.

Ali said...

Wow, truly an inspiration. What an adorable party! Did you make the cupcakes, and if so, where did you get that great yellow paper to go around them? In my next life I hope to be as talented as you.

Sharstin said...

thanks ali:) i got the cupcake holders at joannes:)

Dayka Robinson said...

have you ever considered party planning? you're so creative and great at putting together fun events like this--i really think it'd be a huge hit for you!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Oh my, this party is absolutely adorable!! I LOVE all of the details...great job! :)

Alessandra from A Sparkly Life for Me said...

Hello!

I wanted to let you know that this post has been included in a collection on my blog. I am an Event Designer, and I put together a weekly post as part of my series, “The Sparkle Queen Events”. Each week a concept that I’ve designed is featured in detail on my site. The elements that make up these events are a combination ideas and images I’ve found all over the internet. I piece them together and turn them into a beautiful, coherent event concept.

This is a link to the direct post:
http://sparklysharpandfabulous.blogspot.com/2012/10/rustic-owl-baby-shower-mostly-diy.html

Links to your idea have been included in the post for my viewers to find easier! This event will be shared and showcased not only on my blog, but also on my social media accounts such as Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, etc.. , I’d love to connect pages via social media, so I can showcase your item and share it better with my followers, just send me the links if you are interested!

I hope you get a chance to see the post!

<3 The Sparkle Queen from sparklysharpandfabulous.blogspot.com